Challenges of Traditional Office Systems
Traditionally, companies stored hard copies of documents in file cabinets at their office locations, and electronic files were stored in directories on PCs and servers. Specialists keyed information into corporate accounting and other systems, often via multiple data entry screens.
However, filing and retrieving paper documents is problematic. Documents get lost or damaged, are difficult to secure and share, and require considerable staff time to find, store, process, and manage. Even if scanned and stored on your servers, search and retrieval is often complex, with documents archived in multiple repositories. Keying data often results in errors that, if detected and corrected at all, require time-consuming quality assurance activities further in the process.
Challenges of Traditional Enterprise Systems
Modern electronic document management systems have overcome many of these problems. They permit companies to scan their paper documents, extract data, and store records electronically. However, these systems suffer from:
- Deployment Complexity. Systems have become increasingly complex, making it difficult and time consuming to implement a traditional client-server document management system. You must procure servers and storage capacity, install complex software, and hire expensive consultants.
- High Ownership Cost. These traditional enterprise systems suffer from high up-front licensing fees; a need for outside consulting support; lengthy periods for implementation – often six months or more; and a need for costly in house IT resources for system maintenance.
Benefits of DocOrganiz On-Demand Solutions
In contrast to these traditional systems, DocOrganiz on-demand solutions offer you the benefits of:
- Ease of Deployment. Simply access our easily customizable solutions via the Web. We eliminate the need to setup and maintain new servers, software, or system integration efforts, while still adapting our solutions to your business processes.
- Ease of Use. Your users require only Internet connectivity and an ID and password. Our solutions’ intuitive user interfaces minimize training needs and facilitate field use.
- Accurate, Efficient Processing. Auto-fill and instant validation and lookup facilitate fast, accurate data entry, with corrections as you go or, optionally, a separate quality assurance cycle. Further improvements result from data entry consolidation on a single, intuitive panel, and from automatic document file display and attachment.
- Built-in Controls. Role-based security controls user access, while an online audit trail provides the who, what, and when for record creation and update. Data validation controls improve data processing accuracy.
- Eliminating Paper Document Management Hassles. Anytime/anywhere access and retrieval via online searchable storage eliminates lost or misfiled documents, and you no longer need massive blocks of paper file cabinets occupying costly, air conditioned office space.
- Assured Business Continuity. Automatic back-ups on geographically distributed servers assure business continuity. Our service is built on the Intuit QuickBase application service and Carpathia Hosting with their widely recognized security capabilities.
- Affordable Pricing. Usage-based monthly subscription fees, with minimal setup charges replace the high up-front investments in hardware, software, and system integration of traditional systems.